httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: What's the recommend version of Xalan and Xerces?
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:17:22 GMT
Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> writes:

> On 23 Apr 2002, Yoshiki Hayashi wrote:
> > What is the recommended version of Xalan and Xerces?  I have
> > Xalan 1.2.2 and Xerces 1.4.3 installed from Debian unstable
> > package.  When I ran styles/build.sh to generate HTML from
> > XML docs, the diff was a bit larger than expected namely
> > because it reordered attributes like href and class.

> I think that is because I used Xalan-C to generate the docs at one point,
> at it does the ordering differently from Xalan-J.

Thanks for this info.  I feared that I might be missing
something obvious which is not written in
docsformat.html. :-)

> But
> in general, I wouldn't worry about the size of the diffs.  Those are
> generated files; they are only in CVS for the convenience of the release
> manager.

I thought it would make reviewing a bit harder, but it will
be solved by as simple way as doing separate commit of
generated files.  I'll do it that way the next time I touch
module docs.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi