httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject 1.3 Windows and *Servers/MaxClients/ThreadsPerChild directives
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:42:42 GMT
In looking at the 1.3 core.html documentation, I think I've found an
error -- or at least a confusion.

The documentation currently implies that ThreadsPerChild on Windows
is equivalent to StartServers on other platforms.  It makes no
reference to MaxClients.  I *think* the situation is rather that,
on Windows,

1. StartServers, MinSpareServers, and MaxSpareServers are meaningless;
2. ThreadsPerChild is the equivalent of both StartServers and MaxClients
   (i.e., that many threads will be started, and never more nor less
   will be allowed to run).

Whether the connexion between MaxClients and ThreadsPerChild is
maintained inside the code (i.e., the deferral to the listen queue)
I don't know.  But the current documentation of these directives
surely seems misleading to me..

Obviously this doesn't apply to 2.0, but I'd like to get it clarified for
the 1.3 docco, since 1.3 is going to be with us for a loooong time
yet.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"