httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: negotiation and order of filename extensions
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:37:08 GMT

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Apache 2.0 will allow you to 'discover' mod_foo.en.html for mod_foo.html ...
> the rule is simply that each extension MUST be in the order given, IIRC.
> So mod_foo.html.en will -not- discover mod_foo.en.html.
>
> That patch was proposed pretty much for this very reason.

Hmmm... Great, I'll have to try that out.  That certainly should
solve both issues.

This means that the "Note on hyperlinks and naming conventions" at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html
is incorrect, I think.

I'd offer to correct it, but I don't think I understand well enough to do
it right.

Joshua.