httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: dtd for httpd-docs
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:15:10 GMT

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Brad Miller wrote:

> I am trying to catch up with all the suggestions and comments that have been
> passing through the list.
> I took little snippets from several different emails and added my comments
> and what I did to the DTD to try to conform.
> I also attached the template. This is a very rough draft and needs more
> refinement. For now this validates and can be used as a template with the
> new dtd attached.

Looking good.  I still think we need "inline" and "block" elements to
allow the proper flexibility.  I also think I know how to do it.  The only
problem is, I don't have the patience to set up (X)Emacs to properly
parse an xml file with a DTD today.  By the time I get psgml, a validator,
a catalog file, etc, all set up, I'm too frustrated to do anything ;-)

(This is why I was skeptical about DTDs in the first place; they are damn
complicated to use.)

Anyway, I'll try again later and see if my frustration level can be
supressed.

Joshua.