httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Another XML question
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 17:19:32 GMT

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, Patrik Grip-Jansson wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > > In mod_include I hvae a link that looks like:
> > > What is the correct way to do this with the <module> tag?
> > I thought about that a little, and I think it is right the way it is.  A
> > <module> tag designates the name of a module.  If you want to link to a
> > module without using its name, an ordinary link is correct IMHO.
>
> Is really a good idea to use a html href? If we want to convert the xml
> into something else (pdf, clay tables, what ever) it's probably easier if
> we were to use some of our own markups.

Our format is based on xhtml.  I don't see any reason to invent new markup
when good existing markup exists.  Now, it might be nice to differentiate
between links internal to the apache docs, and links to external
resources, but I've been trying to limit the number of tags and options so
that we keep things simple.

Joshua.