httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Patrik Grip-Jansson <patr...@gnulix.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style modulesynopsis.dtd
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:48:01 GMT
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I understand why you want this, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea.
> Won't it look awfully confusing to have a "directive in a directive".  I'd
> like to keep the <default> simple and consistent so that the data can easily
> be reused.

It's probably just as confusing to have <default>'s that aren't really
defaults.

> At the moment, I'm leaning towards saying that we should only allow a simple
> <default>, and that anything more complicated we just leave to be explained
> in <usage>.  Anyone have other opinions/suggestions.

Since there are only a couple of documents that use this, how about
using; <default>See description</default>? Or something to that effect.

--
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |