httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Patrik Grip-Jansson <patr...@gnulix.org>
Subject RE: Swedish xml translation
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 18:35:28 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> 3. Have some funky build process tranlate .en.xml to .html.en while doing
> the XSLT.  The build process I'm using at the moment is simply:
>
> for file in `ls ../mod/*.xml | sed "s|../mod/||g" | sed "s/.xml//g"`
> do
>   echo $file
>   ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -classpath "$CLASSPATH"
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
>          -IN ../mod/$file.xml -XSL manual.xsl -OUT ../mod/$file.html
> done

> But this will get more complicated in the future as we add more directories,
> etc.  I had hoped to use Ant, which has some very fancy automation features,
> but as I've said, it is crashing on me at the moment.

> Unless you feel like leading the charge on 2 or 3, I suggest that you stick
> with 1 for now so that you can get on with your translations.

Number three is very easy to do. Especially if we aren't going to use ant.
It would be easy with ant as well if we allow the usage of
filemapper="regexp", then we could do something like;

<mapper type="regexp" from="^(.*)\.(.*)\.xml$$" to="\1.xml\2"/>

But since type="regexp" requires extra libs I'm not sure if that's a good
thing.

I've got to the point were ant isn't crashing anymore. It seems that the
problem is resetting the language variable between runs, if you use;

<xsl:variable name="language">en</xsl:variable>

It works. I haven't had the time to figure out a good, dynamic replacement
that works with ant. So, I haven't made any changes to settings.xsl that I
feel are worthy of putting into the CVS :-)

I guess the question is; should we use ant or not? I think good ol' make
would be a better alternative for now...

--
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |