httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:21:59 GMT
On 12 Mar 2002 patrikj@apache.org wrote:

>   +<default>See usage for the default setting</default>

OK, I know that we have gone over this a dozen times, but if I might
make another suggestion?

The default for this directive is "ServerRoot". My suggestion is that we
do the following:

    <default>ServerRoot</default>

How this is rendered in the documentation is then a little more
negotiable.

OK, this was a bad example, because the default is not literally
"ServerRoot", but perhaps you get the idea? There's no need to reiterate
the directive name in the XML, and it can just get rendered correctly
when it comes out the other end, right? Am I being overly optimistic?

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Author - Apache Administrator's Guide