httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Swedish xml translation
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 18:50:55 GMT

> From: Patrik Grip-Jansson [mailto:patrikj@gnulix.org]

> I've got to the point were ant isn't crashing anymore. It seems that the
> problem is resetting the language variable between runs, if you use;
>
> <xsl:variable name="language">en</xsl:variable>

Interesting.  I think that jives with my guess about the multi-level
stylesheet includes being the problem.

> I guess the question is; should we use ant or not? I think good ol' make
> would be a better alternative for now...

The problem with make is that we would need to list each xml file in the
makefile.  We're trying to reduce that kind of duplication.

On the other hand, if the new MultiViews processing works, there is no need
to reverse the extension ordering.  I haven't had a chance to do my own
testing to make sure that file.html will match file.en.html in apache 2.0.
If you can test and confirm that, then we can go ahead and start using that
ordering.

As far as the build system, better alternatives are welcome, but I'm not
going to put too much time into it myself right now.

Joshua.