httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Michael.Schro...@telekurs.com
Subject Antwort: RE: Swedish xml translation
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:13:11 GMT

Hi Joshua,

> The build process I'm using at the moment is simply:
> for file in `ls ../mod/*.xml | sed "s|../mod/||g" | sed "s/.xml//g"`
> do
> echo $file
> ${JAVA_HOME}/bin/java -classpath "$CLASSPATH"
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
> -IN ../mod/$file.xml -XSL manual.xsl -OUT ../mod/$file.html
> done
> But this will get more complicated in the future as we add more
directories, etc.

if these directories do reside within the same directory tree, then to me
this looks like replacing the "for" construction by some "find" and "xargs"
constructions might do the trick.

On the other hand, the whole task 'smells' like using Makefiles would be
the
thing to do ... in which case then again the order of filename extensions
would matter.

Regards, Michael