httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: negotiation and order of filename extensions
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:13:29 GMT
At 10:29 AM 3/7/2002, you wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 wrote:
> > Therefore, I would think the problem must rather be that inside the Apache
> > docs all hyperlinks explicitly use the ".html" extension.
> > And if so, then only additional extensions _after_ this strings can still
> > be negotiable, thus the language extension in this case must be the
> last one.
>Yes, exactly.  We could go through and change every single link in the
>docs to not include any extension.  But that sounds like too much work
>for me.

Apache 2.0 will allow you to 'discover' mod_foo.en.html for mod_foo.html ...
the rule is simply that each extension MUST be in the order given, IIRC.
So mod_foo.html.en will -not- discover mod_foo.en.html.

That patch was proposed pretty much for this very reason.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message