httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: Antwort: German translation
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:02:47 GMT
>> (apache.kess-net.de is configured to send the german pages to all
> browsers
>> acepting at least the languages de and en.)

> could you please explain the reason for the "AND" in this condition?

This means that I'm using:

  AddLanguage de .de
  AddLanguage en .de

Does someone else here has problems with this configuration?

> I haven't yet tried to lay English and German version texts side by
> side (which I would have to do if I wanted to say something about the
> translation of Apache semantics), but from the lines I have read I
> feel you are translating very strictly word by word.

Yes, most of it. Because this is not my first translation and my best
experience were, first to translate as verbatim as possible and finally
to trim the whole document at once.

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll consider them at the next
correction run.

Regards
 Kess

E-Mail: kess@kess-net.de