httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod mpm_common.xml
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:32:31 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2002 patrikj@apache.org wrote:

>>  +<default>See usage for the default setting</default>
>

> OK, I know that we have gone over this a dozen times, but if I might
> make another suggestion?
>
> The default for this directive is "ServerRoot". My suggestion is that we
> do the following:
>
>     <default>ServerRoot</default>
>
> How this is rendered in the documentation is then a little more
> negotiable.

Patrik suggested the same thing (although I suppose it should be
<default>CoreDumpDirectory <directive
module="core">ServerRoot</directive></default>.  I'm still of the
opinion that it is better to have <default>/usr/local/apache2</default>
(since that is the default out of the box) or just no <default> at all
and a description in <usage>.  But I won't stand in the way of anyone
with a different opinion.

Joshua.

Joshua.