httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: New to the list and ready to help out.
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 00:06:26 GMT

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Brad Miller wrote:
> I took a look through the status files and some of the xml files.
> The XML conversion doesn't look very difficult. Since I am new here I may
> need a little
> more direction on what needs to be done. I guess it will take me a little
> while to get
> familiar with the way things are done here. I'll pass on questions as I get
> to them.

Fire away whenever.  As I mentioned before, it is best to let the list
know what you are working on so we don't duplicate work.  At the moment,
I'm focusing on converting the MPM documentation, but I've been held up
for a few days on other things.

> ~~Other things that you could consider doing:
> ~~- Looking at httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/manual.xsl and manual.css and
> ~~improving them to make something cleaner and better looking.
>
> I can do that.

Great!

> ~~- Creating a DTD to match the format we are using.  I'm a little skeptical
> ~~about this, since we would need to include a big chunk of xhtml, and
> ~~I'm not sure how much value it would have in the end anyway.
>
> We can open up the DTD so that it will accept anything between certain tags.
> It
> all depends on how strict you want to get with it. I will play around with
> some ideas.

Sounds interesting.  I didn't know you could do that.  (There's alot I
don't know about DTDs!)

Joshua.