httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: XML docs and Comanche (fwd)
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:22:30 GMT

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Daniel Lopez wrote:
> b) About what Rich is mentioning, what I was thinking is making the directive
> definition structured, so it can be parsed programmatically. I have in
> Comanche something along the lines of:
> <directive type="number">
>  <name>Port</name>
>  <default>80</name>
> </directive>

I hadn't really considered this second part.  It goes somewhat beyond the
question of documentation as such, and could be quite complicated to
implement.  I notice you chose a simple example ;-) Could you show what
you do for some of the more complex directives? (variable number of
arguments, etc)

Basically, you are talking about a much more structured format for the
<syntax> tag that we currently have.  This would certainly be useful under
some circumstances.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message