httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject xml docs: <directory>, etc.
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:59:40 GMT
A little query for anyone paying attention to this issue (which appears to
be just Rich and me, but you never know):

At the moment, my stylesheet has a problem because I use the directive's
<name> to generate link targets.  This works great, except for the case of
section directives like <directory>, <location>, etc.  For these, we
generally want to display them with the <>, but when we sort, link, or
whatever, we want to ignore the <>.  There are lots of ways to address
this problem, some of which involve very complicated transformation crap.
Here is what I think of as a simple and clean suggestion:

Introduce the attribute "type" for <directivesynopsis> and <directive>.
For now, the only valid value for "type" will be "section".  It would be
used as follows:

<directivesynopsis type="section">
<name>Directory</name>
</directivesynopsis>

<directive type="section" module="core">Directory</directive>

Then when displaying these things, the transformation would add in the <>,
but in other uses (linking, sorting, etc) we would omit the <>.

Does this make sense?

Joshua.