httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Patrik Grip-Jansson <patr...@gnulix.org>
Subject XML/XSLT/And so on...
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:59:19 GMT
I was toying around with manual.xls a bit. I tried running it through the
C++ versions of xerces and xalan, and I discovered that there are some
small problems with the transforms. I think I've ironed out the problems,
and they still seems to be working with the usual browsers.

Secondly, I was thinking; wouldn't it be a good idea to internationalize
manual.xsl? What few words there are could easily be applied on the fly.

Thirdly, the html-output isn't all that nice looking. It's a mixture of
HTML versions and techniques. Why not consolidate it all to a good solid
CSS/XHTML fundation? While still making sure that it is readable/accesible
on legacy browsers.

If no one objects, I wouldn't mind fixing up manual.xls.

I think we need to discuss the choosen XML markup keywords a bit further.
How to use it in text, how to validate it, how to translate it (for
various output sources). I guess this ties in with the discussions earlier
on.

--
| Patrik Grip-Jansson |
| 78444 Borlänge   .--'----' http://gnulix.com/ `---------.
| Sweden           |  All views and opinions are my own,  |
`------------------| PH:+46(0)24382823 PW:+46(0)707354360 |