httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: <directory> tag not doing The Right Thing
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:33:18 GMT
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> 2. Use all lower case.  Fewer links will be broken, but I would need to
> scatter translate(.,$uppercase,$lowercase) all over the xsl file.

I was under the impression that all the anchors were lowercase, and so
this would make sense to me. However, if there are mixed-case links,
this would mean the tedious job of searching and fixing.

> 3. Use mixed-case as the canonical form, but also include an all-lowercase
> anchor to support unconverted docs.  This means that a few inter-module
> links would be broken, but only until we finished converting the module
> docs.  And as soon as I get core done, that will cover the most important
> stuff.
>
> I favor number 3, but I'm open to anything else.

Well, this is certainly the least work for the most number of people,
meaning that you would have to do it and not me. ;-) So, yeah, this
option seems fine from my perspective!

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
ReefKnot - http://www.reefknot.org