httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Documentation todo list
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:10:05 GMT
I know, this is what the STATUS doc is for, and I'll add these there if
folks seem to think that they are worthy of spending time on.

What follows is my todo list for Apache documentation. The thing is,
these items have been on my todo list for several months now, and I post
them here in case of the not-so-unlikely event that I will not get to
them any time this year.

* Directive examples. This is the one that I have accomplished the most
on. The goal here is to have an example for every directive in the
documentation, except those where the SYNTAX section lists all possible

* .htaccess docs. I'm not even completely sure what this means, but
there seems to be a desire for a document that states what you can do
with .htaccess files. Might include a listing of what directives you can
put in a .htaccess file, although I'm not sure that's a good idea - one
more place to maintain such a list.

* public_html docs. Again, it is not clear that this warrants a separate
document, but I've received more than one request for a doc that talks
about what is necessary to have users run content out their home dir,
including stuff like cgi execution, .htaccess stuff, and perhaps suexec.
This, as well as the .htaccess doc, is mostly a tutorial-style thing,
with a lot of links to existing docs.

Rich Bowen -
ReefKnot -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: