httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: xml module docs (it happened)
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:46:54 GMT
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > > http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_setenvif.xml
> > While this looks great loading off of httpd.apache.org, it looks like
> > crap when loaded off of my laptop. Is there some configuration change
> > that needs to be made, such as a mime-type setting, to get this to
> > format correctly? I am at the moment running 1.3.something on my laptop.
> > Is that likely to be the source of the problem?
>
> Hmmm... httpd.apache.org is sending it as text/xml.  Can you see what your
> laptop is doing?

text/xml for the xml file itself. What about the xsl file?

> > I started on mod_include, which now seems like a rather aggressive one
> > to start with, as it is kinda big. But I'll try to get it working.
>
> Yes, it is a bigger project than I imagined.  But it certainly does not
> need to be done all at once.  We can convert files over the course of
> several months.  Some of the fun stuff (like automatic generation of index
> pages)  won't work until all the modules are done, of course.
>
> If you see things about the xml format that don't make sense, please let
> me know.  It is easy enough to change now, but will of course be harder
> later (though certainly not impossible).
>
> For example, I know that we probably should have tags for <replaceable>,
> bother.  Another one is inline example.  Anyway, other opinions are
> welcome.

The only think that I have run into so far is <pre>, which was not
listed in your list of xhtml tags I can use, but is used in a lot of
examples for formatting. Is <example> automatically a preformatted
environment?

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -