httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: xml module docs (it happened)
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2002 03:27:04 GMT
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Note that, although we do need a full-blown xml transformation system to
> create the html docs for final distribution, you don't need one just to
> view or work on the docs.  For example, view
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_setenvif.xml
> in any recent browser, and you should see the transformed xml with
> stylesheet applied.

While this looks great loading off of httpd.apache.org, it looks like
crap when loaded off of my laptop. Is there some configuration change
that needs to be made, such as a mime-type setting, to get this to
format correctly? I am at the moment running 1.3.something on my laptop.
Is that likely to be the source of the problem?

> So, now I could use some help.  In particular, each of the module docs
> needs to be converted to the new format.  This shouldn't be too difficult,
> because Rich and others have already done the work of making all the docs
> xhtml.  All you need to do is grab mod_something.html, and using
> mod_setenvif.xml as an example, plus the docs referenced above, change
> it into the new format.  This is a great job for anyone out there looking
> for something to do.  You don't need commit access; just post to the
> mailing list telling us what you're working on.

I started on mod_include, which now seems like a rather aggressive one
to start with, as it is kinda big. But I'll try to get it working.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Author - Apache Administrator's Guide