httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Docs in Perl utils
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:01:29 GMT
There are a variety of Perl utils that ship with Apache in the support/
directory. Most of them have decent comments, but none of them contain
any internal POD docs. I'm sure that this is a pretty small deal,
particular in comparison to other things that one could focus on, but I
tend to scratch where I itch.

My question is whether patches of that nature - technically
documentation patches, but a modification of code also - should be done
via the docs project, or if I should mail patches to the new-httpd list

There is also at least one file in that directory - log_server_status -
that just does not work at all because it 'require's a file that has not
shipped with Perl since 5.001. If I can figure out the socket stuff, I'd
like to patch that also. It does not look terribly complicated, but the
socket stuff in there is entirely undocumented and uncommented, so it
will take some detective work.

And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!"