httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Brad Miller" <b...@beldamar.com>
Subject RE: New to the list and ready to help out.
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:27:28 GMT

~~Yep.  The first thing to do is to learn how to use CVS.  A good set of
~~instructions is at
~~http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATdocs-project.html
~~If you have problems with that, there are other tutorials we can point you
~~to.

OK, are there any docs on using cvs on a windows box. I do not have access
to a unix machine here.
If I can't use it on Windows no biggie, I'll figure out another way.

~~Assuming you are cvs-profficient, then take a look in
~~cvs.apache.org:httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/ and httpd-2.0/docs/manual/mod/
~~We are converting from an old html format to a new xml format.  Some
~~limited documentation on the new format is at
~~http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html
~~but the best way to learn is by looking at some of the already-converted
~~docs.  We could certainly use help continuing with that conversion
~~process.  This is relatively boring work, but certainly important.

I took a look through the status files and some of the xml files.
The XML conversion doesn't look very difficult. Since I am new here I may
need a little
more direction on what needs to be done. I guess it will take me a little
while to get
familiar with the way things are done here. I'll pass on questions as I get
to them.

~~Other things that you could consider doing:
~~- Looking at httpd-2.0/docs/manual/style/manual.xsl and manual.css and
~~improving them to make something cleaner and better looking.

I can do that.

~~- Creating a DTD to match the format we are using.  I'm a little skeptical
~~about this, since we would need to include a big chunk of xhtml, and
~~I'm not sure how much value it would have in the end anyway.

We can open up the DTD so that it will accept anything between certain tags.
It
all depends on how strict you want to get with it. I will play around with
some ideas.

Thanks,
Brad Miller
brad@beldamar.com