httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/mod core.html.en mod_mime.html.en
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 04:23:39 GMT

> From: rbowen@apache.org [mailto:rbowen@apache.org]

> rbowen      02/02/03 19:06:57
>
>   Modified:    htdocs/manual/mod core.html.en mod_mime.html.en
>   Log:
>   A few additional examples, and some links to related directives/docs.

This is good stuff.  I hope you'll bring it forward to 2.0.  A couple
comments below.

>   +    <p>Examples:</p>
>   +
>   +    <code>BindAddress hostname.example.com</code>
>   +

Although hostnames are technically allowed, I think we shouldn't encourage
them.

>   +    For example, to password protect a single file within a
>   +    particular directory, you might add the following to your
>   +
>   +    <pre>
>   +    &lt;Files admin.cgi&gt;
>   +    Require group admin
>   +    &lt;/Files&gt;</pre>

I think it deserves a note that this doesn't protect a "single file".
Rather, it protects the file admin.cgi in the directory and all
subdirectories.

Joshua.