httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: xml module docs
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 02:39:30 GMT
It looks great for Apache configuration GUI developers.
Even before teaching their tool about the specific directives and their
parameters, they already have an initial automatic support.

However, it will be useless without adoption by independent module
developers (PHP, mod_perl, etc.).

Is there any way to "encourage" them to use it?

You may argue and claim that there is no chance to cause module
developers/maintainers to adopt this format, but a similar try already
succeeded: Sun succeeded to convince Java developers to use JavaDoc, so
today most of the Java sources have a (minimal) automatic
documentation.

I don't see any reason why it can't succeed in this case too.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it