httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Install doc - first draft
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:03:50 GMT

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:

> http://buglet.rcbowen.com/install_draft.html
>
> This is just an HTML-ized version of the INSTALL doc that comes with
> Apache. It needs some help, of course, with respect to internal linking
> and so forth, but in general I'd like to know if folks think that this
> is a good place to start. I had someone else comment about the install
> doc being rather outdated and unhelpful, so I thought I'd do something
> about it.

+1 (without a detailed review)

A couple comments:

- This is for 1.3 only.  For 2.0, I've already committed the equivalent.

- You need to find some way to also keep the existing docs, since
src/Configuration still needs to be documented.

- The stuff at the bottom can probably be replaced by replaced by a link
to the FAQ.

Joshua.