httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Install doc - first draft
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 02:23:05 GMT
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Rich Bowen wrote:
>
> > http://buglet.rcbowen.com/install_draft.html
> >
> > This is just an HTML-ized version of the INSTALL doc that comes with
> > Apache. It needs some help, of course, with respect to internal linking
> > and so forth, but in general I'd like to know if folks think that this
> > is a good place to start. I had someone else comment about the install
> > doc being rather outdated and unhelpful, so I thought I'd do something
> > about it.
>
> +1 (without a detailed review)
>
> A couple comments:
>
> - This is for 1.3 only.  For 2.0, I've already committed the equivalent.

Yes, that's correct, this is 1.3 only.

> - You need to find some way to also keep the existing docs, since
> src/Configuration still needs to be documented.

OK, good point.

> - The stuff at the bottom can probably be replaced by replaced by a link
> to the FAQ.

OK. I think that there is other stuff in here that could get dropped, or
at least referenced from elsewhere. I was not realy sure that we wanted
to create multiple docs containing the same information (INSTALL as well
as this doc) such that we'd have to maintain it both places.

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go