httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject SSI exec cmd on Win32
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 01:59:28 GMT
On Win32, the SSI directive 'exec cmd' is borked, permitting the
execution of simple one-word commands like 'dir', but failing on
commands containing spaces, such as 'perl /path/to/script arg1 arg2'

After wrestling with this for nearly 2 hours, I asked on
c.i.w.servers.www, and got a very rapid response from Bill Rowe, so
apparently this was fairly well known, and I should have been aware of
it. However, I wasn't, and wondered if it is appropriate to put this in
the docs, until such time as there is a fix of some kind.

I know that it is generally considered bad form to document bugs rather
than fixing them, but the latter is not really an option to me, and I'd
like to save someone else this same frustration.

Are there any objections to this variety of documentation change?

Rich

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go