httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: pdf of docs
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 02:19:14 GMT
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I would *really* rather we didn't start deleting/moving stuff
> until we have worthwhile replacements..  You've now put us
> without any PDF docco anyone can reasonably find, with no
> prospects for fixing the situation. :-)  As for out-of-dateness..
> has the docco *really* changed that much?
>
> That file was created with Acrobat's Web-suck feature, and then
> the pages were re-ordered.  It was a PITA to be sure.

I'm at this moment investigating a few HTML->PDF thingys that I found on
Freshmeat. I'll let y'all know if I find something useful. Not knowing
when the last PDF was generated, I'm not sure how much the docs have
changed since then, but I at least would like to think that we've made
some good improvements over the last few months. I'm currently on my own
little quest to make sure that docs have examples. I was offline for a
whole week, while in St. Louis, so it may be a little while before I
catch up and start committing stuff again.

Anyways, it would be nice if there was a nice way to generate a PDF
from the docs on a regular basis, and I'll see what I can find.

--
Author, Apache Administrator's Guide
http://www.apacheadmin.com/