httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: First cut at a redesign for httpd.apache.org
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:33:45 GMT

Sure, but it is much less flexible than the system we have in place.  Take a
look
at http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/site/ and see how nice and simple the
xml is.  This allows us in the future to make arbitrary changes to the
look/feel/structure of the site without touching the source files.  From an
xml source there are also lots of choices for the transformation
(xsl,anakia,etc), so we are not locked into a particular tool.

I have done sites with extensive SSI, and I have to say that xml
transformations seem to be much cleaner and more flexible.

Joshua.