httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject tables
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:54:12 GMT
Just something to throw out to the sharks.

There seems to be an unwritten rule that <table>s are banned from the httpd
docs.  I guess this is not surprising since some of the docs were written
back in a time where table support in browsers could not be counted on.  The
result is some ugly monstrosities like the listing of % directives in
mod_log_config.html.

I suggest we do away with this rule and use <table>s where appropriate.  (I
just committed one to mod_headers.html.)  There are still people using
browsers like lynx that do not handle tables, but if we use tables
intelligently, those people should still be able to use the docs.

Any opinions?

Joshua.