httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: daedalus is running 2.0.28-dev
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 00:01:38 GMT

> From: gregames@Mail.MeepZor.Com [mailto:gregames@Mail.MeepZor.Com]On

> 1. change Port to Listen
> 2. add MultiviewsMatch Handler so .asis files work as expected
> 3. remove the $ from <Files ~ "\.html$"> so we match .html.en, .html.fr,
> etc., and
> 4. turn off mod_mime_magic
>
> plus the usual directory changes.  The first three above might be
> material for a 1.3 -> 2.0 config migration guide.  Better yet, #2 should
> be the default so we have less explaining to do.

There is such a guide:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/upgrading.html
but it is rather out of date.  There are tons (well, a bunch) of changes
that have not been documented at all, including 1 and 2 above.  3 doesn't
need to be documented by in the upgrading guide because the server-parsed
handler still exists for backward-compatibility.

Joshua.