httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: documentation problem
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 20:30:32 GMT

> From: ian [mailto:ian@monster.simplecom.net]

> As the first line in the documentation version seems to serve no purpose,
> and the intent appeared to be to block blank referrers, I assumed the
> example was incorrect and decided to submit this. Please let me know if my
> logic is flawed. The rule change works, however, so please update the docs
> to help people out.

Actually, the idea of the example in the docs is to ALLOW people who have
browsers that do not send referer headers.  There are some quantity of
browsers/proxies that do not send the referer info, and you may not want to
block them.  If you do want to block them, you can simply remove the first
line, since a blank referer won't match the second RewriteCond.

Joshua.