httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: First cut at a redesign for httpd.apache.org
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:59:24 GMT

> From: James A Sutherland [mailto:jas88@cam.ac.uk]
>
> I like the look of it, but is there really a need for the extra
> abstraction
> of going XML->HTML? I think the page would work much better as a
> single table
> of straight HTML. It's a great layout, though...

The XML is very simple and includes only the content of the page without
extra formating information or the side menu.  The transformation is
necessary so that we can alter the look and feel of multiple pages on the
site without having to edit every single html page.

I'd like to have the same thing for the httpd docs, but I don't have the
time to put into it at the moment.

Joshua.