httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Virtual hosts and bind
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:05:32 GMT

> From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
>
> I have been enduring an extended tirade from a disgruntled user
> regarding the vhosts documentation. I suppose I could share most of his
> notes with the mailing list, but I'm not sure how much good this would
> do. His primary points are as follows:

I think we all agree that most of his points are off-base.  Of course the
documentation is never going to be right for everybody, and even if there
was one set of "perfect" documentation, we don't have the resources to
create it.

But I do appreciate you forwarding these comments.  It sometimes feels like
we work in a vacuum.  I try to pay attention to the newsgroups and mailing
lists to see what is confusing people, but I suspect that I get a very
distorted view of the population.

So I'm just saying thanks for forwarding this, and everyone should feel free
to forward such comments in the future --- even if we then immediately shoot
them down.

Joshua.