httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject httpd-docs-1.3 and xml and porting changes
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:06:26 GMT

I should have brought this up before, but I forgot about the issue.

We now have a serious problem bringing forward or backward changes in the
docs.  Because of the xhtml changes in the 2.0 docs, there is no longer
any way to get reasonable diffs between 1.3 and 2.0.  For example, if we
commit changes to security.html in the 1.3 docs, it will be necessary to
hand merge them into the 2.0 docs.  Personally, I'm not going to do that
except in extreme cases.

That leaves a couple options:

1. Apply tidy with exactly the same options to httpd-docs-1.3 and hope
that the formating is close enough to make things work.

2. Abandon the 1.3 docs except for very important changes.

Any other ideas?

Joshua.