httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Books about Apache
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:47:21 GMT

> From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
> I discovered that some of the links on the "Books about Apache" page are
> dead, but I was not able to find where they should go. As a specific
> example, Apache Administrator's Handbook by Kabir, is no longer listed
> on the IDG web site. Is it kosher to change the link to go to Amazon or
> B&N, or some other online bookstore?

+1

Sure, go for it.  There are always going to political issues about exactly
who should get the benefit of links like these.  But my opinion is that
users are better served when we have links to the best available resources,
regardless of who gets the profit.

If a particular author requests that it be linked in a particular way (so
that they can get more profit) I am fine with that.  Other than that, just
find the best available link.

Joshua.