httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Niklas Olsson ...@opera.com>
Subject Note about MD5 Authentication
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:50:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this comment but I couldn't find a better one.
Apologies in advance to anyone disagreeing with my choise of forum.

Anyway. When setting up the mod_auth_digest module in an  Apache 1.3.20 a few days ago I was
really surprised to se a note in the documentation of the module

    <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_auth_digest.html>

stating that the only major browsers supporting MD5 Authentication were IE 5.0 and Amaya.
This is certainly not the truth. The most excellent browser Opera, from Opera Software, has
supported MD5 Authentication for quite some time now (probably longer than anyone I'd think).
And if Amaya deserves the label 'major browser' then so does Opera, wouldn't you think?

cheers,
--
Sincerely,
Niklas Olsson           Tel. +46 31 22 46 80