httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: FW: .htaccess doc is bogus (fwd)
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 01:48:32 GMT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> >
> > > http://Apache-Server.Com/tutorials/ATusing-htaccess.html
> >
> > Yes, this is a very nice doc.  It is linked from the tutorials page.
> > Are you interested in donating it?
>
> I do not mind, but I am *not* going to maintain multiple copies.
> I think linking to existing support documentation wherever it
> happens to live on the Web is a far, far better thing than
> trying to duplicate it all.

I agree to a point.  But I am hesitant to scatter external links
throughout the docs because they inevitably become stale.
For example, I don't think anyone will be surprised if ApacheToday
and all its tutorials disappear off the face of the earth.

In the case of your docs, I trust you'll maintain them.

Joshua.