httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: some Apache questions
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 12:04:57 GMT
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> <Directory @@ServerRoot@@/htdocs/manual>
>     # add the IncludesNoExec keyword to Options below and uncomment the
>     # AddHandler {AddOutputFilter} if you check out /manual from CVS
>     Options Multiviews
>     # AddHandler server-parsed .html   {1.3}
>
>     # AddOutputFilter Includes  .html  {2.0}
>
> Docco folks, you use CVS, would this help?

While I think it would probably help, I have two questions about it. One
do we really want to do something in the config file, which tens of
thousands of users will see and not understand (what the heck is CVS?)
in order to make life easier for a handful of users? Two, are'nt we
moving the manual to a separate directory someday anyways. (When is that
happening? Is that happening?) Outside of the htdocs directory. It seems
to make more sense to me, rather than expanding the docs at all, just
putting them in the @@ServerRoot@@/manual directory, and setting up the
various include directives to have them parsed. Is there a reason to not
do this?

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://www.rcbowen.com/kenya/