httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mod/prefork.html
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 20:19:45 GMT
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:

> In mod/prefork.html in the 2.0 docs, the following is stated:
>
> The StartServers, MinSpareServers, MaxSpareServers, and MaxServers
> regulate how the parent process creates children to serve requests.
>
> Is this a typo, or is there a MaxServers directive somewhere that I'm
> not aware of? I know about MaxClients, and I assume that this is what
> was meant, but I wanted to make sure.

Yes, it should be MaxClients.  I think the name is ridiculously
inconsistent with its meaning on MPMs other than prefork, but then that
problem has been discussed ad nauseum and I don't think we've ever come to
a consensus on what it should really be called.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA