httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: docs on httpd.apache.org
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2001 04:11:26 GMT
On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:

> > ssh www.apache.org
>
> Looks like somewhere else I need to get my ssh key uploaded to.

www.apache.org is just daedalus... you very well might already have an
account on daedalus.

> > cd /www/httpd.apache.org
> > cvs update
> > (the first time you'll need to log in as anonymous)
> >
> > I just updated it for you.

I do it every now and then myself.

> Thanks.
> Perhaps someone could set up a cronjob to do this?
> Something like ...
> 0 4 * * * cd /www/httpd.apache.org && cvs update -Pd
> That way we could always guarantee that the docs on the web site were
> the absolute latest (and, theoretically, most accurate).

I suggested this at one point, and one of the longer-time group members
said no because we WANT committers to have to manually update the website
after a checkin so that they're forced to verify their changes.  That
makes sense to me.  <shrug>

--Cliff