httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: FW: .htaccess doc is bogus (fwd)
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 03:23:37 GMT

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I expect that this request could be a little more obscure, but I'm not
> sure how. Ironic, no?
>
> Exactly what is being requested here?

You are correct; it is a bullsh** complaint from someone who was upset
they had to spend a few minutes actually learning to use Apache.

I forwarded it because it does point out a common problem people have.
Someone (perhaps their ISP) tells them to "do it with .htaccess".
They then come to the docs, and can't figure out what the heck
that means.  There are only a couple places in the docs that tell people
what an .htaccess file is and how to use it.

I don't know what the solution is, but it is a problem I have heard more
than once.

Joshua.