httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject <div align="center">
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:48:56 GMT
It appears the recent xml-ification has triggered the "strict" mode in IE6.
One "feature" of this mode is that the alignment setting of <div
align="center"> carries over into table cells.  The result is that on the
main docs page (docs/manual/index.html), all the text inside the table cells
is centered.

I'm not a standards cop, and I don't know if this is really a bug or a
feature.  It is not a rare problem.  Both sourceforge and apacheweek suffer
from the same problem.  It is also not that crucial for us, because I think
that is the only affected page, and it doesn't look THAT bad.  But someone
might want to consider mucking with either the html or the doctype line to
make it go away.

(Sorry, I don't have time to look at it in detail at the moment.)

Joshua.