httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: mod_TEMPLATE.html
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:19:44 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Well, I do -- until there is a replacement.  In fact,
> I will veto its removal until there is something as
> good or better for 3P module writers to use as a
> template.

In case that wasn't clear, I am all for something -- anything --
better than man-template.html.  However, deleting it without
having that 'something better' is not on.

BTW, I would actually prefer to have the template file name
be slightly different from the real docco files; I can
see a script process in the future that maintains the various
indices (index.html, index_bytype.html, and directives.html)
automatically by scanning the directories for mod_*.html files
and then scanning those.. calling it something *other* than
'mod_TEMPLATE.html' or possibly putting it in the parent directory
would avoid its accidental inclusion in such..
--
#ken	P-)}