httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Type-map files
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:16:45 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:

> Would it be desirable to add .var files to the documentation
> itself. This would (in my mind anyway) have two effects.
> It would improve the performance of sites serving Apache
> documentation, and it would provide lots of examples of how
> to do .var files.

Well, as an untested WAG, if we do that and the enabling
'AddHandler type-map .var' directive is commented out, I
suspect the .var file may be included if the server ever
sends a 300 Multiple Choices for the document. :-)  Not
a real problem, but if so it will probably increase the
WTH factor a tiny bit in those cases. :-)

> Or is this just one more thing to maintain, and one more
> thing to get out of sync? I suppose if someone added a
> translation, and did not add it to the .var file, someone
> would notice pretty quickly.

Foo, build them automagically with a script.

+1 from me..
--
#ken	P-)}