httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-docs-2.0) Wed Sep 19 23:45:22 EDT 2001
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:00:58 GMT
From: "Rich Bowen" <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 6:05 AM

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > - XHTML conversion
>
> I was wondering about this. A few weeks ago I submitted some mod docs
> that had been xhtml-ized via w3c tidy. Did anyone have any complaints
> with those? If not, I can xhtml-ize the entire documentation tree in
> about a minute.

+1, just do it.  Give everyone fair warning (say Saturday evening/US
afternoon/EU) so they can get work-in-progress committed.  After such
changes, it's very hard to fix version conflicts.

We get several bonuses, not the least of which is finally folding all
tags to lower case, which is better for character and token-based
compression, and more consistent docs are easier to maintain.

Bill