httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@reppep.com>
Subject Re: Docs format (again)
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2001 13:06:13 GMT
At 8:33 PM -0400 2001/07/26, Joshua Slive wrote:
>So, I've been thinking and investigating the whole XML issue a little
>more, and I still don't know what is the best way for httpd-docs to go.

>If we choose not to customize docbook, then we will wind up using
>presentation-style markup for the module docs, which seems to defeat the
>whole purpose of going to XML.

	I understand the current HTML format pretty well; XHTML
sounds like a fairly simple transition, but XML would be foreign, so
not worth switching unless we get exactly what we want. Also, I'm not
aware of Mac (non-emacs) tools for XML -- doesn't mean they don't
exist, but there are certainly more good HTML tools.

						Chris
--
It's Out! Mastering Mac OS X: <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/mmosx/>