httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Lars Eilebrecht <l...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: Multi Language Error Documents
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:29:10 GMT
According to William A. Rowe, Jr.:

>  Second, some platforms don't have symlinks, that won't work.

Well, the files are now actually copies of the english variant
in the CVS repository.

>  And the ForceAcceptableLanguage patch will go in Monday, so the user gets
>  'something'.

I'm +1 on such a patch (has been requested by users very often in the past),
but IMHO we shouldn't activate it by default, because AFAIK it violates
the RFC.

> > Another entry for the todo list:
> >
> >  - Add the config for this to httpd-std.conf.  I believe
> >    that we should enable it by default.
>
>  Not just yet ... let's get the language issues straightened out.  Also, it
>  loads down the server, dunno if we want to do that to administrators :)

We already activate MultiViews by default, so I don't think this is
a problem.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht              - Modesty: Being comfortable that others
lars@hyperreal.org                      will discover your greatness.