httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Regular Expressions
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:59:27 GMT
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Rich Bowen wrote:

> Is there any treatment, anywhere in the Apache documentation, of what
> flavor of regular expressions are supported by Apache directives? I
> can't find it, but perhaps I'm just overlooking it, and will find it
> as soon as I send this.

OK, so immediately after I sent this, I found the following in
mod_include.html:

Regular expressions have the same syntax as those found in the Unix
egrep command.

This is, as far as I can find so far, the only specific explanation of
what regex syntax Apache supports.

FAQ-B states that "We implement a simple subset of Perl's regex
support" which is pretty darned vague.

man egrep has a really good regex explanation. The only question I'm
left with is how to get it to do case-insensitive pattern matching,
since egrep does this with a command line switch (-i) rather than in
the regex itself.

--
Nothing is perfekt. Certainly not me.
Success to failure. Just a matter of degrees.